To be a purveyor of poetic yogic experiences that empower individuals to find solace within themselves. I aim to deliver the tools of yoga efficiently so that people are empowered to support their autonomic nervous system through the vehicle of breath and attention. The more ease people have inside, the more peace will arise in the world. My goal is to help make positive changes in their lives by reconnecting to their authentic self and therefor making positive choices in the world. By embracing both the light and dark aspects of our humanity we can shine collectively onto a future of positive change. Now, more than ever, we need to take our whole health into our own hands, and the yogic system can support people in this process. It is my mission to reinvigorate the power and truth of Yoga that resides within each person.
Background: Below you will find the core educational experiences that have helped shaped me as a person and my teaching style.
- Yoga practitioner since 2003, a teacher since 2006.
- Facilitated and taught after-school yoga classes and workshops for children from ages 4-15.
- Lead group and private classes for cancer survivors.
- Created “Healing Yoga” Class at Soul Tree Yoga Studio in Lafayette, Colorado in 2010-2014
- Created Yoga for Diabetes program in Jackson, Wyoming at Jackson Hole Yoga Therapy
- Co-facilitated Yoga for Cancer program at Saint John’s Medical Center in Jackson, Wy
- Yoga Therapist working with individuals to support their overall health
- Yoga mentorship program with young teachers supporting their understanding of Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and how to apply the philosophy and tools of yoga to compromised or older populations.
- Creative use of alignment principles, therapeutic benefits, and the many tools of Yoga: āsana, prāṇāyāma, nyāsam, chanting, meditation, visualization, and self-reflection to create personally tailored sequences for group or personal practice.
*Yoga for Children: 2006 to 2014
- –Instructor for the Wellness Initiative, Yoga in schools, Boulder, Co 2010-2013
- –Yoga Arts Educator, Metropolitan Family Services, after-school program, Portland, OR
- -Kids Yoga! Co-instructor, Green Yoga Conference, Santa Cruz, CA
- -Youth Yoga Educator, Creative Arts Charter School: After School Program, San Francisco, CA
- -Assistant Yoga and Art instructor, Stretch the Imagination, San Francisco, CA
- *Yoga for Relaxation: 2006, 2011-2012
- –New Moon Yoga, Boulder, Co 2013-2014
- -Yoga for Stress Relief, Soul Tree Studio, Lafayette, CO 2011-2012
- -Relaxation through Yoga workshop for teachers, Holy Family Day School, San Francisco, CA
Training and Education:
- Private Studies with Kate Holcombe, HYF: Weekly mentoring, chanting, and study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali since 2013
- Yoga As Therapy North America (YATNA) Program, Vanderbelt University, Nashville Tennessee, June 2014-Janurary 2017
- Healing Circles: Advanced Cancer Support Program, Commonweal Retreat Center, Bolinas, CA September 2014
- Healing Yoga Foundation, 500 hour Teacher Training certificate, San Francisco, CA 2011-2013
- Yoga for Cancer Survivors Internship with Laura Kupperman, Boulder, C0 2010-2011
- Yoga for Cancer Survivors Teacher Intensive, The Yoga Workshop, Boulder, Co, Summer 2010
- Advanced Studies, Yoga Shala, Portland, Or, Janurary-March 2010
- Yoga Calm: Teaching Yoga to Children, Portland, Or 2009
- Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Center, Dharamkot, Dharamsala, India 2009
- Tushita Meditation Center, Dharamkot, Dharamsala, India 2009
- Vipassana Meditation Silent 10 day Retreat 2007 & 2008
- Youth Yoga Dharma Teacher Training, San Francisco, CA. 2006
- Nosara Yoga Institute, 200 hour teacher training certificate, Nosara, Costa Rica 2005
- Pitzer College, Claremont, CA, BA with majors in art and religious studies 2003
- School for International Training-Study Abroad focus in Liberation Theology, Oaxaca, Mexico 2001